Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Have I Mentioned I'm Out of Hand?

On Saturday, I popped on to eBay to see what I could find. I found an eight-ounce "sampler" of raw fleece. It actually arrived yesterday. I know why they mailed it so quickly and expedited it to me.

It um, smells.

Now I expected that. It's from a sheep, after all, who lives on a farm, which does not have any toilets or shower stalls for ovine use. I'm a farm girl at heart, so it really doesn't bother me.

But ... of course the Yarn Sniffer ran over when I announced that my wool had arrived. He promptly put his face right into the lot.

And ran screaming from the room.

He was thrilled when I washed some of the locks and carded them (someone find me a cheap set of cards, please. This is going to take forever on dog brushes) and they came out clean and sweet smelling.

Only 7.5 more ounces to go ...

No comments: