Friday, September 01, 2006

Mass Production

So August is over, and so is the race to complete UFOs. I feel like it was a pretty productive month: Pi was blocked, Charlotte finished, two socks, a large ponchette (which will become a rectangular shawl) and quite a bit of progress on the Sheep Shawl. All amid a busy month with vacation, a business trip and the first day of school for two elementary schoolers. I'm happy with the progress and considering myself at this point quite content.

Like so many other luxuries in life, casting on a new project is one that we all take for granted until we can't do it. There's nothing like picking out a new yarn, a new pattern and sitting down in solitude and putting the stitches on the sticks. I'm so glad I'm free to do it again.

Pictures will come later.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I couldn't agree more! I felt a sigh of relief exit my body with the first new stitch I cast on.

Of course, I do love the projects I finished . . .

Wendy