Thursday, May 24, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

... and I'm headed here today. Thank goodness.

I've been in Anaheim, California on business since last Wednesday. Nine days for something like this is a looooooong time. Especially when you're pregnant.
At least it's beautiful here (though the weather didn't warm up until yesterday).
Not much knitting progress has been done these past few days, other than fiddling with the Sea Wool. I decided to rip it out and put it back in the suitcase and focus instead on the jaywalker, which will be my plane sock today. It enjoyed the gardens at my hotel.

I did manage to make it to Disneyland one day -- 5:30 on a Tuesday afternoon seems to be a good time to see characters ... or at least the hosts with the most.

There was no way I was going to wait in line for a "real" picture, so for all of the character pics, you usually end up with strange children in there, too.

And you'd never guess it, but I also stumbled one one of these in a shop window on Mainstreet USA:
Getting a good photo was very difficult (I was really trying hard not to step on overtired children), but this is definitely an antique wheel. It had some spun wool on the bobbin and roving hanging from the flyer. Makes me miss my wheels!
I'm not sure if anyone really cares to look, but I've posted a full set of pics on Flickr. You can see them

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

California... palm trees... uhh... I can swap with you; I wouldn't mind spending 9 days there and getting some sun.