Friday, September 14, 2007

The Cow DID Jump Over the Moon

I know this, because last night he dragged me behind him. You see, I forgot how road trips warp little person schedules.

A day in pictures. First stop, Grandaddy's House:


L'il I got to snuggle with my dad ...

and the Yarn Sniffer raided his army gear and played "army guy" with his brother.

Next stop, Grammy's Office.


We took a side trip to see my stepfather at his bank, and saw lots of old friends who were meeting at the church. Proud Grammy loved showing off the littlest.

Then, we were off to my aunt and uncle's house. Clearly, little boys need a farm ...




with barn cats to play with ....



and horses to ride...



fences to hang on ...

ducks to chase ...



and cows to race (what you don't see in this photo are my children in the training yard running in circles -- this is Ernestine the Cow running alongside them on the outside of the fence ...




And snuggles and cuddles for the littlest -- who couldn't partake of the big kid fun (though he watched carefully!)

A nearly two-hour car trip. Tons of physical activity for the big boys, who slept like rocks once they settled down. But the little one? All that car sleeping led to this at 2 a.m.:


2 comments:

bookwoman said...

That picture on the fence is just a perfect image of childhood. And, honestly, Li'l I just gets cuter (even at 2AM) with every picture you post. Of course, 2AM pictures are cuter when you're the one viewing, rather than the one taking them.

Anonymous said...

Loved all the pics. L looks likes he is ready to party at 2:00 a.m. I don't imagine you were that wide awake. C and Z looked like they were having a good time on the farm.