Sunday, January 26, 2014

Zuzu's Petals

2014 (so far) has been a good year for knitting. Five pairs of socks and counting, and yesterday I decided to whip up what will go on my books as being one of the fastest lace knits ever. Like I said, I started it yesterday, and already it is blocking in the sunshine:


The pattern is Zuzu's Petals, and it's a cross between a cowl and a shawl. It's lovely.



It was a real nail biter, though. As I neared the end, I had visions if running out of my one skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport...but I made it in under the wire with very little to spare:


The yarn itself was a skein I bought ages ago. It has been marinating in my stash because 1) I didn't have a pattern designated for it; 2) I wasn't sure I could wrangle a pair of socks from the yardage; and 3) well, I haven't had my knitting mojo for the past few years.

Some things are just fated, I suppose. I can't wait to wear this tomorrow!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: