Friday, February 14, 2014

It's All about Endurance

Last night, as the clock pushed midnight, I cast off the last row of my second sleeve on my Idlewood sweater. My fingers were cramped from the hours of knitting yesterday, but oh what a feeling!


I cast on this project last Thursday in time with the Winter Olympics (all I did that night was cast on; no actual knitting).

Yarn is Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in "brown heather" and, aside from being a wee bit splitty at times, it was a great fiber to work with.

Modifications: I knit on slightly smaller needles for gauge (9 and 8 for the body, 7 for the sleeves). Instead of doing garter rows for the edging on the bottom and sleeves, I opted for ribbing instead--4x4 on the body and 2x2 on the sleeves.


I had originally intended to go with a three-quarter sleeve, but to be perfectly honest, I really hate knitting sleeves that are attached to the sweater (it's a pain to shift the bulk of the sweater constantly for tiny rounds) and I decided I'd just be done. I WILL, however, knit this again -- probably with some color work! -- so in the meantime, I will explore options for doing the sleeves on their own and attaching them when I do the body. Thoughts?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: