Thursday, January 19, 2006

Knitting Olympics


Now I've done it. I've gone and joined the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics. Because the project needs to be a challenge, I've decided to make some mittens. I've never done them before, and since my little cutie has asked for a pair to match his hat (which, rest assured dear readers, progress is being made on despite the lack of photos) I figured it might be a nice thing to try.

Rules are pretty simple -- must cast on during the opening ceremonies and be done by the time the torch goes out. Hmmm... only about two weeks until those ceremonies. I'll keep everyone posted on progress.

Will try to post pics of cutie's hat later tonight ... I'm on the decreases, so it's starting to get some shape. He tried it on his head last night and it looks like it will fit. And he consented to a blue band, so it's a little more fun.

Stay tuned...

No comments: