Tuesday, January 17, 2006

So what's next?


My littlest boy has asked me to make him a long stocking cap with matching mittens. So the socks and everything else has shifted down in the queue so I can accomodate him. I picked up a pretty Cascade 220 in green for him ... got enough to do the hat and the mittens. I cast on last night and have about 3/4 of an inch done. I think he thought I'd have it done in an evening ...

So I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to write (a short bit of 2x2 garter rib just isn't interesting), and figured I'd just address some folks specificially:

Vicki, are you out there? Your poncho is now in the queue ... I'll be sending a gauge swatch home with Peter one day this week (if I can get rid of this cold/infection that is threatening to keep me home in bed!) to see if you like the yarn I already have. If not, we'll have to go on an excursion ...

My Aunt Vista is halfway done her poncho! Kudos to her -- between having a sick cow, a full-time house husband (retired totally, even the side job) and holiday madness on the farm -- she's getting there. Her energy level is one that I envy...

And my Aunt Sue has started FOUR new projects. She's becoming (I think) notorious for her lacy tableclothes, and she seemed inspired by the mobius I gave her for Christmas so she's making two. The last project goes unnamed because I don't know who is reading this, but it certainly sounds yummy.

I think it would be pretty darn neat to have other people contribute to this blog ... make comments, everyone!

That's all folks!

No comments: