Monday, January 16, 2006

The Sweater...


IT'S DONE!! That's right, folks ... after about 11 days of knitting, my top-down V-neck is complete. I apologize for the picture quality, but at least you can see it's completeness. It's a beautiful baby blue, which certainly doesn't show in this lighting. Anyway, just a thank you to all who made it possible -- Laura (and my in-laws), whose gift certificates allowed me to get merino/alpaca/silk yarn (so soft to play with), my kids, who hung on to every stitch and cheered me on, and Clint, who patiently waited and commented -- even though he's generally not a fan of hand-knits. To Aunt Jinnie, who told me about my grandmother's knitting and the beautiful sweaters she created. And lastly, to Aunt Sue ... who told me that the best way to do my first sweater was top-down in the round.

What next? I just don't know yet. I cast on for a pair of socks last night, but the cast was too tight on #1s, so I don't know if I'll shelve them for now and start something else, or if I'll re-cast tonight and give it another shot. I know it will be something small, though. Stay tuned!

No comments: