Monday, July 10, 2006

Two Months Late...

Have you ever finished a gift and packaged it off so fast that you forgot to actually photograph it?

I did. For Mother's Day. And so, whilst throughout the blogosphere all the knitters were showing off their mother's shawls, I was left wrapless.

Until this weekend, at the family reunion when Mom decided to model the gift for me and become a blog sensation. Ain't she cute?



She was sick most of the time I knit it. Hospital sick. Couldn't breathe sick. I like to think that I sent her get-well vibes straight through the Tahki Cotton Classic. Maybe that makes it a prayer shawl?

Here's a closeup of the pattern (the Perfect Pie Shawl from Weekend Knitting):



And as an aside, this is the kind of box that I love to find on my porch after a long day at work:



'Nuff said.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, "Mom" is a cutie. Very nice shawl.

Wendy said...

Hmmm . . . I feel like my mom might have a Perfect Pi Shawl in Anne coming soon . . .

Great shawl!

Wendy

Hannah said...

Isn't it amazing how knitting can convey such love? I'm so pleased to see her looking strong and healthy in this picture--and warmed by such a lovely shawl. Nice work.