Friday, February 10, 2006

And we're off!


The games have begun. For me, and for my fellow FOUR THOUSAND KNITTERS around the globe. I came home tonight eager to cast on to get started on my poncho, and have been knitting furiously all night. I made the decision to stop once the United States was announced in the Parade of Nations. So I did. And here’s where I am so far. Right now, the poncho looks rather like something from the lingerie section. Vicki, don’t panic. I'm not knitting your cruise bikini.




I also appear to be making massive progress here in this first pic … but rest assured this will slow once it grows in width.

So far, I’m feeling good about this year’s Olympics. And so is my son … who was totally inspired by the pre-ceremony recaps of training runs for the alpine downhill (along with his fabulous imagination!)


And so I depart this evening … Citius, Alitius Fortius.

No comments: