Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Olympic Update

As of yesterday, the US was ahead for gold medals in Torino. And here's where I was on the poncho:



I have about 14-15 inches done, so I suppose I'm about halfway to where I need to be. Not bad for being less than a week into the project. But I'm definitely going to have to go out at lunch and get some longer needles ... the reason it looks so "skinny" is because everything is squeezed on the circular.

In non-Olympic news, I'm nearly done the first crazy stripe sock. Not sure I'm going to cast on right away for the next one. I don't know if its the color or the pattern I chose, but I'm just not digging it this week. For some reason, I'm having flashbacks of my "Great Shape Barbie" and her legwarmers (incidentally, the same color combination). I wasn't a big fan of the 80s.

Also, I got some more alpaca spun this weekend. I continue to stand behind my assertion that this stuff is heaven on a spindle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would want that sock living in my purse!! Will wait with baited breath to see the finished poncho. Good luck with the Olympics.